Jacqueline tagged me for the Alphabet Meme. Here are the rules:
1. Pick one film to represent each letter of the alphabet.*
2. The letter "A" and the word "The" do not count as the beginning of a film's title, unless the film is simply titled A or The, and I don't know of any films with those titles.
3. Thanks to some clarification by The Siren, movies are stuck with the titles their owners gave them at the time of their theatrical release.
4. Films that start with a number are filed under the first letter of their number's word. 12 Monkeys would be filed under "T."
5. Link back to Blog Cabins in your post so that I can eventually type "alphabet meme" into Google and come up #1, then make a post where I declare that I am the King of Google.
6. If you're selected, you have to then select 5 more people.
* I decided to only brainstorm films that were released up to the year I've reached so far on the Film of the Year project--1953. With only that caveat in mind, here goes nothing...
A - Abenteuer des Prinzen Achmed, Die (1926)
B - Bergkatze, Die (1921)
C - Citizen Kane (1941)
D - Duck Soup (1933)
E - Enfants du paradis, Les (1946)
F - Faust: Eine deutsche Volkssage (1926)
G - G.I. Joe (1945)
H - High Noon (1952)
I - It (1927)
J - Jezebel (1938)
K - Kabinett des Doktor Caligari, Das (1920)
L - Ladri di biciclette (1948)
M - M (1931)
N - Napoleon (1927)
O - Odd Man Out (1947)
P - Play House, The (1921)
Q - Quai des brumes, Le (1938)
R - Robin Hood (1922)
S - Seventh Heaven (1927)
T - Treasure of the Sierra Madre, The (1948)
U - Ugetsu (1953)
V - Voyage dans la lune, Le (1902)
W - Wind, The (1928)
Y - Yellow Sky (1948)
For X and Z I drew blanks.
Consider yourself tagged for the meme my friends:
Brian at Hell on Frisco Bay
Jonathan at Cinema Styles
Gareth at Gareth's Movie Diary
Chris at Category D
Pierre at Frankensteinia